Xstrahl has just returned from the Nevskiy Radiology Forum which took place in St.-Petersburg, Russia on the 12th – 13th of April.
The Nevskiy Forum is an established platform gathering together radiologists, ultrasound specialists, and radiation therapists to share best practices and clinical experience, to discuss various areas of application of radiology for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
This year the forum agenda featured a school of X-ray therapy hosted by Xstrahl that saw the presentation of seven reports covering the following topics:
- X-ray therapy potential in modern treatment of skin cancer
- Using superficial x-ray therapy at Voronezh oncology dispensary
- Possible applications of brachytherapy to treat skin cancer
- External beam radiation therapy capabilities of treating skin cancer
- X-ray therapy treatment using Gulmay system
- Using x-ray therapy to treat non-neoplastic diseases
- Kilovoltage X-ray therapy in Russia: lean approach
The seminar was attended by more than 50 people including Mrs Sokurenko, Chief Radiotherapist of St Petersburg region.
Xstrahl would like to say a big thank you to all the attendees of the seminar and to all the visitors to our booth for demonstrating such a keen interest in kilovoltage radiotherapy development.