NIH Funding Opportunities
The National Institute of Health has announced three (3) opportunities for varying levels of funding as part of the Office of Research Infrastructure Program. Complete requirements and application instructions can be found on each grant’s website. Learn more about their grant program, application process, and awarding process on the grant program overview portion of their website.
- Shared Instrument Grant (SIG): For NIH-supported investigators to purchase or upgrade a single instrument or system costing between $50,000-$600,000.
- High-End Instrumentation (HEI) Grant: For NIH-supported investigators to purchase or upgrade a single instrument or system costing between
- Shared Instrumentation for Animal Research Grant: This FOA supports requests for state-of-the art commercial tech needed for NIH-funded research using any animal species.
The application period is May 1, 2020 through June 1, 2020.
SITC Funding Opportunities
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer’s (SITC) Fellowship Awards program was established to cultivate the next generation of cancer immunotherapy experts.
- SITC-Bristol-Myers Squibb Postdoctoral Cancer Immunotherapy Translational Fellowship
- SITC-Amgen Cancer Immunotherapy in Hematologic Malignancies Fellowship
- SITC-AstraZeneca Immunotherapy in Lung Cancer Clinical Fellowship
- SITC-Merck Cancer Immunotherapy Clinical Fellowship
- SITC-Genentech Women in Cancer Immunotherapy Fellowship
- SITC’s Holbrook Kohrt, MD, PhD, Cancer Immunotherapy Translational Memorial Fellowship (sponsored by Genentech)
Applications will be accepted through Friday, February 28th, 2020. Learn more.
Texas Only – CPRIT announced 5 RFAs:
These are Texas only – CPRIT announces the release of five (5) RFAs for the Academic Research program. Complete RFAs and instructions detailing applicable deadlines and requirements are available in the Funding Opportunities section of CPRIT’s website.
- Individual Investigator Research Awards
- Individual Investigator Research Awards for Cancer in Children and Adolescents
- Individual Investigator Research Awards for Clinical Translation
- Individual Investigator Research Awards for Prevention and Early Detection*
- Individual Investigator Research Awards for Computational Systems Biology of Cancer NEW!
*Notes funding limits have changed from previous RFAs
The application period is March 4, 2020 through June 3, 2020. Proposals must be submitted through CPRIT’s online grant application system.