The Xstrahl CIX3 X-ray irradiator enables safe irradiation of in vitro and in vivo biological samples within a laboratory environment.
Fulfilling the requirements of in vitro and in vivo biological research, the CIX3 is a 320kV self-contained cabinet irradiator incorporating the irradiation chamber and system electronics in one enclosure. The intuitive and easy to use software interface allows for multiple user logins, the X-Ray exposures can be programmed and executed automatically. In addition to removing the health and safety burden associated with the use of radioactive sources, the Xstrahl CIX3 provides a simpler, safer and lower cost alternative to radioisotope irradiators.
The CIX3 X-ray research irradiator cabinet consists of:
- 320kV metal ceramic X-ray tube
- Large lead-shielded irradiation chamber
- Movable operator control panel with an intuitive touch screen interface
- Quick-change beam conditioning filters
- Unique vertical movement access door, resulting in a smaller footprint and safe, easy access to specimens
- Full commissioning report
- Bystander effects
- Tumour micro environment
- Radiobiology studies
- DNA repair mechanisms
- Abscopal effects
- Combination therapy studies
- Bone marrow chimera studies
- Hypoxia research
- Normal tissue toxicity
- Low dose radiobiology studies
- Subcutaneous tumour models
For more information about CIX3 X-ray irradiator download our brochure.
There have been over 90 articles published with the help of the CIX2 & CIX3. For the full list of articles please click here to be directed to our publication resource page.
Add Ons & Accessories
- Additional collimators to vary irradiated size area
- Laser alignment system for easy specimen setup
- CCTV (camera) for internal observation of irradiation chamber during operation/exposure
- Hypoxia gas control chamber for in-vitro studies
- Independent dose measurement systems
- Specimen turntable option
Bespoke commissioning of the cabinet based on your research needs in order to provide the most accurate dosimetry data for your research.
External: W-96cm, D-96cm, H-193.5cm
Irradiation Chamber: W-59.5 cm, D-65 cm, H-64 cm
Total Weight: Cabinet: 1,450 kg
Irradiation Table: Manual adjustment of the specimen shelf 20 cm to 70 cm FSD
Maximum Field Size: 45 cm circle at 70 cm FSD
Tube Voltage: Up to 300kV
Tube Current: Up to 30mA
Maximum Power Output: 3.2kW (broad focus for designated stability)
The Xstrahl CIX3 r-ray irradiator enables safe irradiation of in vitro and in vivo biological samples within a laboratory environment. Check out the rest of our Life Sciences range.
We have been using the CIX2 X-ray cabinet for some years for cell culture experiments, and it is one of the most frequently used machines in our lab. In my opinion, the x-ray irradiator is a great tool for the irradiation of cells in our research lab. The cabinet runs very stable and is easy to operate (even for non-experienced visitors) and offers all options needed for our research making it extremely user-friendly. The possibility to change the filters quickly and to work with different distances away from the x-ray tube markedly enlarges the spectrum of experiments, which can be performed, and the safety aspect is hereby a big advantage. Furthermore, the technical support of X-Strahl is an outstanding example of good customer service.