SD-IORT enables hospitals to offer patients ‘one dose, one treatment, one day’ radiotherapy option for early breast cancer employing cutting-edge technology, without the need for capital equipment purchase, maintenance costs or service charges, and at a low fee per patient (fully reimbursed by major insurers).
In the UK, breast cancer patients have benefited from ORL’s SD-IORT in several hospitals including Spire, Nuffield Health and BMI. ORL’s single dose radiotherapy treatment is expertly delivered at the point of surgery, offering patients a convenient and effective treatment experience. ORL utilises the Xoft® Axxent Electronic Brachytherapy System to deliver SD-IORT. The system is a simple-to-use, portable treatment device. Because the Xoft® Axxent System is mobile and requires minimal shielding, it can be used in local or regional hospitals, providing access to cutting-edge radiotherapy for breast cancer patients anywhere in the UK.
What is included in the service?
- Delivery, QA, safety checks, set up and removal of machine
- An ORL operator on site to plan and deliver SD-IORT
- IR(ME)R regulations fully met
- Xoft certified surgeon mentoring included (1st patient)
- All consumables and spares provided
- Lead screens and dosimeters supplied
- RPA (radiation protection advisor) approval and advice
- Fees charged on a per patient treated basis
For more information click on the "Contact Us" button below or visit www.oncotherapyresources.com