Superficial Therapy Educational Programme (STEP)
an educational programme providing information on the use of low energy X-Rays for the treatment of both benign and malignant conditions.
Developed by Xstrahl Limited, the STEP programme is an invaluable source of information for oncology and dermatology professionals.
STEP is an educational resource aimed at increasing awareness of this essential treatment modality.
The STEP programme content has been compiled by the STEP clinical advisory panel, a team of clinical and academic oncology and radiotherapy professionals based throughout the UK.
The STEP programme ensures that vital clinical practice and expert knowledge is recorded and documented for dissemination amongst healthcare professionals.
For further information on any aspect of STEP or for clinical support, please contact Support at Xstrahl.
The STEP programme provides detailed information on the following topics:
- Overview and history on the use of low energy X-Rays.
- The physics of low energy radiation.
- Malignant and benign indications suitable for treatment with therapeutic low energy X-Rays.
- Standard UK treatment regimes; dosage and fractionation.
- Treatment set up and accessories.
- Patient care; during and after treatment.
For more information click on the STEP topics section.